ETSU has access free of charge to hundreds of thousands of primary research materials.
- Eighteenth Century Collections Online (digital images of every page and search the full-text of millions of pages of books published during the 18th century in the fields of history, literature, religion, law, fine arts, science and more.)
- Nineteenth Century Collections Online (Content includes 19th century primary sources including: monographs, newspapers, pamphlets, manuscripts, ephemera, maps, statistics, and photographs.)
- The Making of the Modern World ( provides digital facsimile images of unique primary sources that track the development of the modern, western world through the lens of trade and wealth. Works from 1450-1914 provide material for research in the areas of history, political science, social conditions, technology and industry, economics, area studies and more)
- Sabin Americana 1500-1926 (This collection is based on Joseph Sabin’s bibliography or works about the Americas published throughout the world from 1500 to the early 1900s. It includes books, pamphlets, serials and other documents that provide original accounts of exploration, trade, colonialism, slavery and abolition, the western movement, Native Americans, military actions and much more.)
- Artemis Primary Resources searches all four of these databases simultaneously.